A World of Ramblings

Friday, October 19, 2012

Touching Affections

I never estimated the physical contact between couples (I still don't. Like my previous entry, I am always trying to stay focused on myself, though sometimes I stray). I never knew the importance of physical contact between couples until recently and, well, let me tell you. It could make the world go around or crumble it to pieces and make it rain on top of our head. And when I mean physical contact, get your mind out of the gutter and think of things like hugging, kissing, holding hands and cuddling.

When we're not smiling as much, or our mood seems to be off in the mornings to our partner, if we aren't as receptive (or just even perceived that way), if we don't kiss goodbye or hello, if we are not holding hands walking out the street, or not taking that extra five minutes to cuddle, snuggle and say good mornings, it can and does, though I am not entirely sure about the should part of this sentence, causes panics and stifles the good mood of the other person, namely your partner. A little awkward and seems like such a heavy baggage to carry everyday, but it is what it is.

When we are mad, angry, feeling isolated, closed off, we desire their touch mostly, but also we don't want to be touched by them the most. When we want to show our attitude and that we're feeling hurt, we avoid having physical contact with out lovers, and sometimes our whole day goes the wrong way when we find the other person is cold towards us, leaving us puzzled and with many question marks as to why and since when?

No comments: