A World of Ramblings

Monday, October 29, 2012

Silent Rooms

Everyone studies differently and I am no different. While I am writing stories, poems or drawing or cooking, I enjoy any kind of extra stimulation, whether it be music, movies, whatever else it may be. Studying though is a different case. It seems that I need absolutely silence in order to focus my attention on what is in front of me, in its entirety. Other wise I grow anxious, a little bit of a time bomb, and I only skim through rather than being focused on what it is that I should be focusing on, doing what I should be doing. Like now, I should be studying, taking notes, instead I am watching "The Good Wife" and writing a blog entry. Not that writing a blog entry is a bad thing, it's not. It's a positively good thing I should be doing often. Though, there is a time and place for everything. Now, I should be studying.

Being in the open study area of the libraries is not helping my cause. It is chaos here, hardly what I would be calling a library. These headphones are not doing enough to drown out the music and allowing me to focus on what is in front of me. It seems, from now on, I should be going back to my old self, studying in silent rooms or, self studies.

I thrive when I have things to do, places to be, with little on my hands, and have to make through a long time, then I soar through. Trying to fulfill all of these obligations and meet all of my responsibilities. Principals.

No comments: