A World of Ramblings

Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Cup of Tea Under the Rain

"It's been raining unusually hard this weekend. I wonder what's going up there? It's so dark outside, the rain drops are hitting hard against our window, so there must be wind too. I can almost hear it howling. It must be chilly too, because I can't imagine getting out from this bed, where you've warmed it with all the parts of your body, separately, individually, lovingly. But, we have to get up. Breakfast feels like a chore today, and maybe we can just be out in public without much effort. I don't even feel like stepping a foot outside. I am stubborn, I want to just lay next to you.

As a last moment's thought though, I decided to pour some hot tea into a thermos, just to check it out. I didn't think we were actually going to use it. I am thankful we did. The bus ride without it would have been a drag and on the way back, I am certain we would have been frozen to our tiny toes. It warmed you up, it warmed me up, but it drew us closer, once more. It's just another act of kindness that seems to just tag you along with it to my world. The world, I had never allowed anyone else to enter into.

The satisfaction in your eyes with each drop, your fingers arching for one more cup in between the stops, with small pecks landing on my cheek as a sign of gratitude. It's difficult to forget hot warm your heart is, but there are always you amaze me how big your heart is, exploring different curves, crevasses each time. I never knew it went this deep, filled with such pure joy.

A cup of tea, means so much more to me and you then we can ever care to explain to others."

No comments: