A World of Ramblings

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

"For the Sake of Us"

I should be a relationship expert, really. Jokes aside, I do feel that I can prosper and be happy within a relationship, given in that relationship the person I am with is Salih. I've never had such an experience within a relationship; though it is very true that I have grown, changed and learned a few things along the way, the biggest difference maker is, in my belief is Salih. It's because he wants this relationship to be different, he is willing to do things, try them differently and put in the effort and sacrifice his time for the sake of our relationship. Most importantly, he values this relationship, treasures the bond we have so carefully created and have fostered until today, and he deems this relationship as the most significant relationship he has ever went through. He does things because he wants to. He is willing to listen and he is not afraid of his emotions. He is more than willing to open up everything that is in his heart. We now do things, for our relationship, not our individual perspective on life solely. There is a we, we constantly strive for an US and hope that the future brings us even a bigger, more meaningful happiness than the one we experience today. We are committed and feel responsibility and though nothing in our relationship is perfect, we do our best to make the other happy, without walking on eggshells.

I always knew I was capable of such lengths, I just never had anyone bring it out so much before. Also, no one else had turned towards me so completely that I could also completely, without any resent, any shame, any anger could turn towards them and embrace them so wholly.

No comments: