A World of Ramblings

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Turkish vs.English

I had to think about that title for a while. I knew exactly what I wanted to say in Turkish, though I decided that I have been writing way too many entries in Turkish and decided to switch it up. After all, English seems to be the language I am most comfortable with right now. It is the language I want to increase my proficiency, fluency and the elegance at which I write. Also, to steadily work on my style and voice.

Recently, with so much Turkish going on around me, whether it is speaking, hearing, or having intense conversations I have become isolated in Turkish and sometimes it feels as if I am slowly forsaking English. Though, Turkish is a beautiful language itself and sometimes I find myself I can best express my emotions in Turkish strictly, my interest is in having a better English at all costs in all ways possible.


I guess I have to put more effort into my studies now that I am living with a Turkish person.

No comments: