A World of Ramblings

Monday, September 3, 2012

I want to tear a new one in you, then tear you to shreds. I cannot for the life of me understand people who are so damn interested in the significant others of other people.

Yes, our individualities, our own friends from since long ago must remain. We must still give them a good amount of our times, though they also must understand that our lives have now changed (usually and hopefully for the better), like us, they must accept, embraces, respect and understands new sets of changes. They also must be mindful of such changes and set their expectations accordingly. You cannot expect a married person, or a person that is engaged, perhaps in a serious, committed relationship to devote time to you, everyday, day after day. It is absurd, unbelievable and disrespectful.

I have friends that are important to me, I have childhood friends that I treasure, cherish and still mean everything to me. I also have friends in my life here that mean a great deal to me and I continue to desire having their company, exchange stories and spend quality time with them. Yet, none of us expect the other to spend each day with the other, everyday, on a loop and expect to be raised at a pedestal, be worshiped and negatively criticize the other's significant other--at least not if we have not meet them first, and have been exposed to their negativity, or some sort of bizarre behavior.

So, what gets you off, someone who is much older and really should be hanging out with people from her age group to expect so much time of my significant other? Please hold these lines in your mind when your friends' statuses change.

No comments: