A World of Ramblings

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Electric Earth

A few weeks ago, as I was scavenging for FEDEX to send my mom's forgotten luggage back to her, I had stumbled upon a coffee shop I had never heard of before. I made notice of where it was and then continued on my search to find the place. Much time passed when I was a little desperate, a little unhappy and a little out of it, wandering through for a little way out. Then I once again stumbled upon this coffee shop. It was like an epiphany happened. I entered into the lair and welcomed a new coffee shop to my ever growing list of them.

Electric Earth coffee shop has just become my new favorite neighborhood coffee shop. I've had the unfortunate events of moving and ever since then, I've been trying to find my new place. I believe, I may have just found it. It's probably one of the rare breeds of lager coffee shops in Madison ( for some reason they seem to be running away from me) with a nice group of regulars. The people who come here seems to be mostly students, professors, or people who are at least trying to get things done. Which is a positive thing for me, as I desperately need to get back into shape and start doing my own studies and research.

I am not terribly in love with their coffee, the two I have tried out so far, isn't the greatest, though their Americano was actually pretty good. I guess it's going to take me some time to discover what is good in their coffee selection, but the atmosphere is so good, too good to pass up. The large window in the second part of their shop is almost irresistible, the soothing and indie music also, makes this place and inevitable favorite. When I am out here, I feel like I belong with the rest of humanity. My isolation seems to descent a little, even if it's for a while.

No comments: