A World of Ramblings

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Apple Picking

On Saturday, September 23rd, a whole load of us fit ourselves into three cars and went to Fitchburg to pick apples, right from the trees. Of course, as always the mastermind of this event relies wholly on none other than myself. I am proud of that too!

I can't remember the last time I went, but I remember it being thoroughly fun and let's get honest, it's good to spend time outdoors, especially before it gets to chilling colds, blizzards and snow storms. Besides, it's the Fall. It's like a heavenly order to go apple picking in Mid-West in Autumn. You just cannot deny that fact. It's a like a bonding exercise as well. I think we spent several hours out in the orchard, picking up apples, raspberries, and if you were Salih, taking a nap on the green grass like you had no care in the world. I think he needed the carefree hours after the difficult week he had at school and his experiments. I think it's tough work being a scientist, with not being able to produce a result whenever you want to. It must be tiring. Well, that's besides the point. I got all of my hyper emotions out, all the energy that needed draining and got my wish fulfilled. The ability to spend some quality time, out in the open, without being chained to home. A weekend well spent if you ask me :)

Apple picking is a must!

No comments: