A World of Ramblings

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Rain

It's quite ironic, I was thinking and writing about spring and the rains it will eventually bring and the moment, walking out of this coffee shop, magic awaited me. I was cupped up in this great, but a coffee shop nonetheless the entire Sunday afternoon; and a brilliant rain had awaited me and finally greeted me. I must say, I couldn't help but laugh and smile. It was impossible to not laugh and give my thanks upwards. Also it was difficult not to see my luck in the process. I should have wished for something else, but then that wouldn't have made me, me. Sometimes though, I definitely feel like I should change my character more. Life would have been completely easier. Though would I write then--that is the billion dollar question of my mind.

Anyways, I am digressing and I should really try to highlight the beauty of the rain. It was a warm evening and the skies were gray, but that lovely hue it has with pink undertones seeping through the clouds, signalling a wondrous day that will be waiting for us in the morrow. I think that really hit me then. Spring was truly here. As I walked home, I took off my slippers, continued bare foot, undid my hair tie and let my hair soak with rain drops. Through layers and layers of old habits, old thoughts, old feelings and all of my unhappiness shed. The small cherry trees and acacia trees lines my path like some sort of divine intervention. Have you ever smelled of an acacia tree as it rained? Oh, such a twinging but a beautiful scent. It just made me happy for no reason at all, well other than the fact that it was raining and a rain that I could still walk without getting soaked.

So life, seems to hold on to me, and it says to me, if you just patiently wait, do what you can, small surprised will greet you. There will be a better tomorrow if you can just get through today, no matter how hard that it may be.

No comments: