A World of Ramblings

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Make-up, cosmetology or whatever else you'd like to call it (2)

So then why do I love make-up and why do I think there should be other points of view available to women and make up?

Firstly, women should be able to choose whether they want to wear make up or not. I know plenty of women who wear no make up at all. I also know plenty of women who criticizes women who wears make up, just as much as women who criticizes women who opts out to not wear make-up. Either is wrong. What our societies define as beautiful and feminine should not be a cap or a limit to our own decisions and personalities. If a woman doesn't wear make-up her femininity and beauty should not come under jurisprudence. We are not objects to be judged and ruled over as "feminine", "not feminine enough", "beautiful", "not beautiful", or more crudely "ugly".

Women should be given enough freedom to grow and stretch out their wings and let their personalities take a hold of themselves without their womanhood, femininity and beauty questioned, judged and persecuted for it. Women come in many shapes, sizes, colors and personalities. Some of us don't like anything that is feminine and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH US. Some of us likes a lot of the pink, the pearls, the pencil skirts and the ivory lace over our curtains. Some of us likes the extremely bright colors with mismatching clothes and accessories that does not "complete" a look. Some of us are rebels with leathers and Mohawks with piercings, tattoos anywhere and everywhere possibly imaginable. There are many different possible combinations that would take years and millions of pages to recount and recite. We should be able to become who we want to be, comfortably wearing our personalities as we like and see fit. There shouldn't be a society that deems it ugly or not appropriate for a woman. We shouldn't be left out and punished for the person we choose to become. We are as different as any kind of possible personalities out there, because we are human. We cannot all be this one particular person for all of the men inhabiting that society.

For all of these reasons I think make-up is great. One day when my heart is in it, I can become that sultry seductress who just wants to have fun, the next day I can become that innocent girl next door with absolutely  no make up, who is just going about her day. I can become a glamorous, reincarnated Roman Goddess in hopes to charm those who worship me, or a chic, modern woman with a polished look that will give me the confidence I may need in a room full of men who will be more focused on what I've worn and how I've worn it rather than my life accomplishments, success and the thrilling new idea that I have brought which will set who or whatever I work for from the rest of those in the industry I have chosen to be in. I (or any woman) can be any "kind of woman" I (or she) has chosen to be in numerous different ways. I can also choose to be none of them.

I find make-up exciting, fresh and a medium that will allow me to become who I want to be for that particular time, hour, day, allowing me to expression both my thoughts and emotions that drives my life decisions. Make-up enables me to high light my very own decisions that I have decided to display and wear to the world. It allows me to demonstrate the personalities I have chosen to make public for that hour, day, time. Make-up can be a freeing medium that can allow a woman to grow in an artistic way, creatively leaving her own impression on the very men who set out to define her.

No comments: