A World of Ramblings

Friday, May 4, 2012

No Internet

While I was away from home in Rochester, I decided to cancel my internet account. I wasn't very happy with it and it was also costing me a lot of money, more than it should via other service providers.

Anyway, now that I do not actually have internet, I've come to appreciate it more. I never truly realized how much I depended on the internet to do my research, how much time it filled up in my day and how much it amused me, from listening to music to watching various videos via YouTube.

Well, so no more internet for me, for a while. I have a lot of things to do this month, more than I ever thought I bargained for and it just might be a bit difficult to do all of them with the internet around. Let's be honest, how many of us DON'T get distracted by the all too easy one click away websites and other things we do on the net. I know I do. Even though I like to think I don't, I get distracted all the time, getting off on all sorts of tangents.

I also want to focus more on my studies, spending more time on reading and also prayers. With the lack of accesibility to the internet around my home, I'll have no choice but to actually do my work, other wise come on, who can just stay home all the time (even for a homebody like me) without doing other things. I mean I clean, cook and keep my place orderly, out of mess. But really, it doesn't take extreme amount of time each and every day. Even when you're a neat and clean freak like I am. As much as I love staring out of my window or taking my time to think and unwind, it's not always feasible. So this gives me the extra nudge that I need to get more work done around the house, give myself the extra motivation to read an extra chapter and do more craft projects that I have always been dying to do, but always complained there just weren't enough time in the day. Now, I believe I will have enough time in the day :)

Also, this will give me more time to thoroughly think, write more stories and reflect. I think I can use this particularly at this stage of my life

Additionally, a challenge to the mind, body and soul, now who doesn't appreciate that? I know I do. This will be a better way to simplify my life as I complicate more things.

World, here I come, without the internet. Embrace me!

No comments: