A World of Ramblings

Sunday, March 17, 2013

St.Patrick's Day

Happy St.Patrick's Day.

It's unfortunate that the way they spend St.Patty's day in Ireland vs. the way they spend it here, but it is nonetheless one of my favorite times of the year. In general, I love March, because it means that Spring will be here shortly, the weather is warming up and that sick snow that's been getting muddier by the day, will slowly melt, much to my pleasure. It will dwindle away, and watching it dwindle away brings me great joy! Soon, the rain will begin and I could be in my element once again.

Considering my admiration of the Irish Culture and it's impressive Literature, Mythology and History, St.Patrick's day has a special place in my heart.
It's the end of the night and the time to read Táin bó Cúailnge accompanied by a tall glass of Smithwick's and Gaelic Storm.

No comments: