A World of Ramblings

Monday, March 18, 2013

"The Awakening" by Kate Chopin

By no means is this a literal essay, review of the work written by Kate Chopin titled "The Awakening".

I just miss reading it. I gave a copy of it to my mom long ago, my only copy in hopes that she would read and return it to me. But it doesn't seem like she's touched it, or will touch it in anytime soon. I am just going to have to buy another copy. Asking her for another one feels too much of a work and I don't want her to misunderstand me. She can't even find where she put it. That means I can't read it while I am here either.

I miss Edna Pontellier, the beautiful descriptions and the carefully places narrative summary in it. I miss the emotions she evokes and the thundering thoughts that spark within me. I miss the way the novel makes me think, rethink and relate to the world once more, to women in specific.

Here's to Chopin's beautiful writing!

No comments: