A World of Ramblings

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Ponder This

It's a little awkward to think about this. But there will be 26 years between me and this baby, my uncle's first born. That is a huge gap, to say the least between cousins to have. It's a little apprehensive to think about. My children and my uncle's children will be around the same age group. I am pretty sure it defies laws of all kinds, many along the way, but it's hard to wrap my mind around it.

There is only 8 years between my uncle and I. There are 12 years between my mother and my uncle. I guess when you combine the fact my mother married young and had me young (she had me at age 20) and my uncle had his relatively late (in comparison to my mother) the gap widens and now our children will belong to the same children as opposed to me and his children being in the same age group. It's a little ghastly to think about. I guess it's even further awkward to think about that generally, I should have had children already by this age. It helps that I haven't and am not thinking about doing so yet.

Ah, the reproduction timing of families

No comments: