A World of Ramblings

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Small Apartments

I've always been fond of small apartments that had a rustic feeling and were, completely mine. Traces of my soul could be find everywhere, from the doormat to the bedding, to the pictures on the walls, from the frames and everything else that litters a tiny apartment.

For the past three years of my life, I've lived in a tiny apartment (an efficiency) and still do. The overabundant theme of my apartment is book. There are books everywhere in my apartment. I do mean, everywhere. Coffee table, the only table, wall mounted shelves, a large book case I bought and the bookshelf that came in with the apartment. Recently though, it feels like my apartment has gotten smaller, much smaller. It feels crowding, sometimes even suffocating and there just isn't enough room.

I'd like to brag about myself of not being so materialistic and a collector of material objects. But it seems that no matter what some sort of materialistic collection will culminate in your apartment if you let yourself settle down and decide to live, not as a nomad anymore. You know, the idea of having things under your hand whenever you reach for them. So, space has been cramped and I have been finding myself frustrated over the lack of space.

Regardless, I have no intention of moving out anytime soon. I just love my tiny, cramped apartment too much. Though the neighbors are not great. It's my first place, maybe that's why I am so reluctant to let go. NO matter what, nothing beats the charms of a small apartments that always feels cozy and warm.

No comments: