A World of Ramblings

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Schizophrenic

I am feeling quite schizophrenic today. I have been working on several short-stories simultaneously. It has gotten a little crowded upstairs and I have been acting out of character for myself, instead opting out to act as my own protagonists in the stories I have written, writing or plan on writing. Happens right? It's a little hard at times. You spend so much time, thinking about these characters, doing everything you can to separate them from the person that you are. But developing these people from, well, scratch, out of not of nothing, yet giving them everything the reader needs to understand the character, which goes beyond what is just written on the pages of the story. Things like quirks, mentalities, faith, personality, habits, heart breaks, beliefs are just a few to name. Looking at life from the character that is born out of you, from the figments of your imagination, trying to establish her, him as solidly as possibly, figuring out what that person will be saying in what kind of conversations, what kind of actions they'll take in certain kind of events and the decisions that person will be prone to making. Considering all that, it's kind of well, normal with this rationale.
This is not to say I don't like assuming different names and personalities is not a trait of mine.

No comments: