A World of Ramblings

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Getting Lost

How much my body has missed walking. How good it does my soul. I've always known it did my soul well, just never really knew the depths walking reached. The scenery is always like a picture from a fairy tale, in it so many new things my eyes spy, so many new chains and binds my soul breaks and in it I find the inspiration for my poetry and my stories.

I've gotten lost, hopelessly today. Here I thought, I was a good reincarnation of Columbus to have find my way through anything, even that big Atlantic ocean. Well, turns out there are even side streets in my neighborhood that I don't know about, especially to the Secret Gardens it leads me to. After getting lost for about 3 hours and finding my way back, which took me another 2 hours to get back home, all in all, six hour walk did me well...perhaps not to my legs and feet, but to my soul. I needed to go out once again to rediscover my soul after such a time in Rochester. My spirit needed to be out and let it be nourished in the greens of Wisconsin. As tired as I am while writing this journal, I am happy and I feel as light as whipped cream. I feel as though I could still continue on to walking and find another version of myself somewhere in the greener streets of Madison.

More walking to ensue...

No comments: