A World of Ramblings

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Our Decision is Made

We had a long talk yesterday night. A very long talk. Eventually, we have come to the decision that, we want to get married. The past eight months have been a blessing and a whirlwind. I've never felt exposed, interfered and vulnerable as I have in these past eight months. I also can confidently say that my heart has stretched bigger, grown fonder and has learned to love gently, without abusing, without hurting, crushing and to love kindly, maturely. A confidence has been inserted and the ability to accomplish and do this, to be fierce, to be strong, to be more determined has been implanted. I've been stronger with you then without--needless to say, you've spoiled me much. Some of the things I used to do on my own, now with you, have transferred over to you. Things no one has ever done for me, things only a select few people in my life, such as parents have done for me. But certainly, my list of things to do has never diminished, instead has increased now. Making up for the things I no longer have to do, like taking out the trash, opening a jar of pickles, reaching higher up in the cabinets, unplugging the toilet or the drain. Carrying heavy luggage...the list is infinite and so has my responsibilities.

Interference is bothersome, rude, immature and plain evil, simply. But I don't remember succumbing to such things. So we've made a promise to be together, to love, to respect and to support. Also, to walk over hurdles, unwavering with certainty. So, this too shall pass.

The big news is that, as we've come to this decision, we've decided to get engaged and do the traditional Turkish ceremony during the time we've set aside to visit my parents in Rochester. News will be all around and will shock those living in Rochester--though I doubt that they'll give a rat's ass.

There you go readers, I will be an engaged person come January!

No comments: