A World of Ramblings

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Recent Realizations

It's strange; sometimes comedic, sometimes ironic that how much our perspectives change in the world. The truths we've known, understood and accepted change. We change and the world around us changes. The world changes, sometimes moving forward and sometimes aggressively regressing back and we change too along with it, to keep up, to understand, to be undone so we can be a better version of ourselves.

A year ago in January, I was at a very different place emotionally, intellectually. I am so different than the person I was that day. The way I looked at the world, love. The way I felt the world. My experiences had built a different coloring palette and I only knew how to see through those eyes. Things I had known, yearned, desires didn't stay the same across the board. They changed when one person entered my world. I changed along with that person and world.

The way I experience is, well, quite different than I used to. But it isn't so different that it no longer rings true or original. It's warmer and fiercer. It's more emphatic and wiser. Definitely more grown up. The world is softer, kinder and sometimes, even helpful. Sometimes, things do go my way. Not often, but sometimes. Graciously enough for me to recognize the pattern. I can sigh and that can be not for bad purposes, and be in fact, quite the contrary to that.

Truths have a way of being wobbly and swishy and the "never" has a way of entering so seamlessly, smoothly, it's almost a criminal action. Just not enough, because it isn't so volatile and violent.

I wonder how much of a different place I would be next January?

Life, I've grown more fonder of you than I was before. I didn't think such a thing could ever be possible, or possessed by the likes of me.

No comments: