A World of Ramblings

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Enjoy the Sunshine

I mean it. Enjoy the sunshine. In the northern part of the United States that could be a little hard to come by considering we are slowly gearing up towards the Winter, as we are slowly beginning to leave Fall behind. Sadly, much to my disappointment. I think I would be forever happy, if the world was in an eternal state of Autumn. No, I probably wouldn't be. As much as I dread certain parts of change, I also like, desire, crave and in grave need of it. I cannot survive without subtle and big changes along the way to reinvigorate, reawaken and keep me motivated.

But, sunshine can be good and essential to people's moods. It after all does induce phantom happiness that might not be there. I will use every pick-me up that I can get my hands on.

A few days ago, I took a walk in our neighborhood, went out on a little exploration. I've been on exploration before, obviously. I cannot be living in a new neighborhood and it would be unforgivable and unthinkable of me to think I would not go out to discover new coffee shops, bike paths, finding out the nearest and quietest body of water for my emotional unwinding. Exploring is simply what I do. What I feel compelled to do. It was vastly different than my recent mood swings. It was one of those days we woke up early, had breakfast (though really, I just pulled an all-nighter) and we all made an effort to put our lives into some sort of order. There was sunshine, a nice chill and a soft breeze. I cannot tell you the change it has given me. I felt like a new person the entire day. I almost felt, invincible.

No comments: