A World of Ramblings

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Strippers

Hmm, yes I can imagine how a conversation could go so wrong with the word strippers in it. It's one of those explosive words that will be set off no matter what, no matter the circumstance and the people having the conversation. It can go off in a good, humorous way, or it can go off in a bad, dangerous, destructive way. It depends entirely on the nature of the people and the conversation.

What do I think? This became a frequent topic in the last week or so as a friend of ours is having a Bachelor's party soon. I strongly objected to the idea of them going there and acting in "improper and lewd ways that will piss off their wives, fiancees and long term committed girlfriends". They told me to lighten up. They are right, I should.

However, the idea of objectifying a person, merely degrading (his or her) to a status of piece of meat, an object of desire that has no other meaning, no purpose and cannot be a fulfilling entity as a human being, by "itself" is cruel, inhuman, savagery and well, misogynist. I think most people could already figure out thus far by my blogs (if there are any constant readers at all, which I highly doubt there are) that I am a feminist. It is wrong to make a person this way. I have been to both male and female stripper clubs, and well, I am not exactly proud of it. It is wrong and it is an action I no longer desire to support. I don't think people should support it either, financially or otherwise. I am no prude when it comes to human sexuality by my affinity due to my majors, however it is also wrong to sanction this debauchery act by veiling it as just fun and something the men do. Being a man does not give anyone the license to act like an idiot and have others accept your behavior. It used to work in the past, it should no longer be able to work.

I also have a problem with another woman shaking her crotch in front of my boyfriend's face. I don't like the idea that my boyfriend will be glaring at another woman other than me. Yes, it bothers me and I am not ashamed to admit it. I will be jealous and if something doesn't sit well with me, it doesn't sit well with me. I cannot change that fact, just so that I fit into the "mainstream" opinions.

No comments: