A World of Ramblings

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Cooking Weekly

I feel like I am whining and complaining on here a little too much. But it seems that my blogging has some sort of become my venting machine, though not entirely.

I love cooking, I love feeding others and I believe having guests over and being hospitable is an art that not everyone is up to the par. I also believe, they shouldn't be and have no obligation to be so. It is a choice after all.

However, for the life of me, I cannot cook everyday. I cannot get myself to cook everyday. It gets boring, becomes a too much of a demanding chore with the clean up and what not that, I neither have the time, nor the energy, and most importantly I am not willing to do so.

I cook weekly and I cook a lot, with lots of different varieties, enough to last us the whole week. I might add one or two things quickly over the course of the week, but those are no big deals and can be done without taking a great deal of my time, that other wise could be spent more wisely on something else, like reading a book, or writing a blog ;).

Try it, and let me know how that works out. But, you will have others who complain. The thing is, eventually the bottom line comes to how much time you are willing to dedicate to cooking and how stern your Nos are. Cooking is therapeutic and something I enjoy immensely. It is also a chore. I just would like to remove that from the chore list and limit the number of days I cook to two, therefore making it something I enjoy and further contributing to a dear hobby of mine.

Maybe, I am becoming smarter about my life after all.

No comments: