A World of Ramblings

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Abundance of Time

Abundance of Time...such a comparative term. It all started with the idea of having several stable constants in one's life, life a regular occurring work shift. Considering I work Monday through Thursdays and often vigorously for eight hours a shift, it occupies much of my four days a week where I must get things done by two in order to have a sane and capable, also productive shift at work. After all, my work is both physically and mentally demanding as I must remember about a billion things to do without a list and well, dealing with customers is just the icing on the cake, who never seem to be pleased with anything at all, or they're always ungrateful.

So, it's always the weekday that I scramble through, rushing from one task to the next, but I get things done. Even if not everything on my list, most of it gets done. That's because I know I don't have the time and I either do it now, or can't do it at all (because I won't have the time later on and at night when I come home it's too late and I am way too tired to do it), so I suck it up and do it and usually end up enjoying pretty much all of it, at the very least partially. So with limited time, we usually try to do the most of it, knowing it is limited and we've got appointments and things to do. But when we have abundance of time, we end up stalling or doing other things and end up doing little things, accomplishing nothing and rather end up having a stress stroke because a lack of done things on my list.

So, is having no obligations to fulfill, no responsibilities to acquire, is that good for self growth and self development? Can we actually go on to open up our visions and deepen our thoughts on life and our own personalities without other things going on in our lives to enrich our souls?  Can we grow without complication and obstacles? As a writer can't simply write sitting on her bed without looking at the window and how that view gets complicated by other experiences, we can't grow as human beings without some sort of dilemma and other things that pushes our limits.

Abundance of time isn't the thing that simply makes us grow. It's what comes along in that time that makes us grow. It's the  limits that we must push beyond to unfold and make ourselves in the shape we would like to be without losing the sight of what we have always held dear and what we always wanted to establish.

No comments: