A World of Ramblings

Monday, September 19, 2011

Adventures of Self Goals

I've been recently out exploring some of the places I've always told myself that I will go and pay a visit at least once while I am here. In the past week that's been true somewhat as I've entered for the first time into the Froth House, Ma Chai Tea House and Gallup Coffee House along with Orange Tree Imports. I'd say that's a pretty good deal for one week with enough money spending. It's good to be out there and finally realizing some silly, little goals that's been set a long time ago with never having had the chance to actually do them. It feels good to do things no matter how small or big. It's true missing the big opportunities can dampen the mood and leave one, especially me pretty down feeling like the biggest failure around the world. But small things add up gradually over time and rather becoming a part of a (my) persona. See, unlike the one time, big dose of good or bad that cuts through like a knife in your personality, the little things have a way of climbing up the ladder and leaving a longer lasting effect perhaps. So while at large things are not looking so great for me (as that second job is needed ASAP), it's also a good thing that there are many positive things that I hope will keep me grounded enough to complete the goals I'm striving for.



Froth house isn't as great as it looks from the outside, however the couches by the large window pane are amazing, and if you end up there before or after the high schoolers' lunch rush, you should be at least having a productive and a comfortable time there. It's a whole different deal while high school is out in lunch; unfortunately there is very little they can do about this considering the neighborhood and the approximity of the school to the cafe.

Ma Chai Tea offers a comfortable, silent and an eccentric atmosphere with high cost tea that seems hardly worth it. The tea is no better than Froth house which is just 1.87 for a cup while at this tea house it's near four bucks. I found that a little annoying considering how tight the economy is for everyone. But I got some serious work done with the quiet and silent pretty strictly imposed, broken once or a few times.

Gallup Coffee House was excellent. Irem and I thought it was a great price for the product with a homey environment that seems to warm up the very center of your creative juices. This is not my first time in truth, but rather had bad memories in there that needed exorcising and now created anew, fresh and blank page it's set to create many wonderful  and happy memories.

Orange Tree Imports ended up being my shopping place all things  Halloween decorations. I am not sure if I'll be able to actually afford buying more Halloween decorations, however I did buy a pack of glass jewels, a Happy Halloween sign and an awfully cute glass pumpkin witch candle holder that might just complete the entire holiday for me with some pumpkin carving, pies and lattes :)



No comments: