A World of Ramblings

Friday, April 19, 2013

Madison College

On the topic of schools, I am going to continue writing about my school experiences so far, as they come up.

Madison College seems to be equivalent of MCC back in Rochester. It's a little disappointing to see myself in a starting point again, but we all have setbacks in life and many of us have to keep starting over in life. It's part of the living cycle. People change careers in which they have given their years, I can surely go back to the beginning of the circle,without having given so much, yet. This time though, things are different. I am more determined and because I am older, I no longer have the time to take things slowly. I am far more serious because failure cannot be tolerated anymore and I just don't have the time to do things later, or for a second time. I also have learned to be a much better student. I've come to appreciate what it means to have a degree and be in a prestigious school and the doors in can open for you. I've also understood the importance of a good education. Now, I am thirsty for knowledge. The only way to thoroughly satisfy that is through school, I know that now. So, I am here, ready.

Their website is a bit unprofessional and confusing. But it looks like they have some great classes and some great programs. I love the fact that they offer continuing education classes for so cheap, and they also have some wonderful certificate programs that would be beneficial to so many people. This will allow me to catch up, and allow me to take the SATs well in advance which will help me as I definitely need a refresher in math.

This school adventure is going to be great. I am hopeful.

No comments: