A World of Ramblings

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Hundred Years Old

Things lay heavy on my chest at night. I have so many regrets about that Skype call that it's ridiculous now. We can't go back into the future, so I have to accept and come to peace with it. It has given me some closure and allowed me to gain some momentum and continue acting. At this point, this is all I can be asking of myself.

I feel a hundred years old. I know that in the modern world, this is our aim, to live to our hundred. But is it really worth it? Is this a noble goal? Does living better mean that you've had a better life? Does it make you different somehow on a more intuitive level?

Living to 100 doesn't seem like something I am achieving. It's just more opportunities for the life to abuse your misfortunes, people to highlight your failures and bruise your heart further. It just doesn't seem to be something fruitful to me.

No comments: