A World of Ramblings

Monday, June 18, 2012

Libraries and Teas

I've always loved libraries. Though we've had a vanishing relationship at times. Recently though, I've become quite addicted to libraries, and particularly towards my neighborhood library. I have a new favorite spot. If it's sunny or rainy, I take my seat by the window. The sun and I play a game of tag, silently in secret. No one knows, but the sun and me. It feels like my own private world for the time being.

I bring my cup of tea with me in my thermos and I sit here, writing away. A little bit of my sadness leaves me, some of my thoughts find it's way down to print, making a bigger impression in the way I view the world infinitely and I leave a little bit lighter, a little bit happier, I little bit more knowledgeable about myself. A little bit more open to the world and it's tiny, hidden miracles that we overlook everyday. I become a little bit better, a little bit more me each time I come and leave here. I rediscover myself over and over again in here.

I think libraries in general have magic. But this one in particular has good magic that seems to have become my talisman. So for now, I am riding out this wave and let the magic of library heal all the parts of my broken bones that I couldn't have reached before.

No comments: