A World of Ramblings

Friday, June 22, 2012

Curly Hair

Lovers of curly hair raise your hands. I used to have a very curly hair as a child, though throughout the years that has become more wavy than curly. I wish I could have my old tight curls back. Besides perming I would nearly do anything to have curly hair.

I think everyone has their preferences on what they don't have and what they think would look better on them, and I am no different. I have wavy hair and while I could make my hair straight anytime (thanks to straighteners and blow driers), though it's a look I go for certain outfits, certain events and circumstances, I wish I could support curly hair daily. Though curly hair is something I could come to possess due to slight tricks and what not, now that technology and science has advanced that far, it's still not something I possess on my own, sadly.

I am not one hundred percent sure why I've always preferred curly hair for most my conscious life. It's just one of those things that seems inherent in our own consciousness and maybe perhaps subconsciously.

Well, now that I write stories and in them I create characters, it seems I am able to understand myself a little better through these lenses I've opted out to put on. Curly hair, like for my people has come to represent freedom, wild, eccentric women that are at peace with themselves. I believe this is at the minimum one of the reasons why I've come to idolize and come to want to have curly hair for myself. Funny how life works, fiction and reality often permeate leaving me in this surreal state to wander through most of my life, whether it is waking or sleeping time.

No comments: