A World of Ramblings

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Birthday Gathering

I know that it's been a few days since I was actually supposed to sit down and talk about this a few days ago, but so much has happened that I've chosen to just post entries already saved in my draft section.

My birthday party, this year was a success. I don't remember having this much time at my own birthday party since, well a long time ago--at the very least, the last four, maybe five years. I am relieved, happy and intrigued that my luck has turned around so much out of nowhere. Just last year, I used to think the very opposite of myself, of life, of world and of the people around me then I do this year.

Last year, I was heart broken, relieved at the same time. I was hurt, wounded and too tired to even see the beauty of the world as it was. I was way out of this world to have any lingering interest left in it, to hope, to dream or to even desire a new future, a better life, with different kinds of people in it.

This birthday year will go down as probably one of the best birthday parties of my life time. I am growing older. I've turned a quarter of a century old today. But I don't think I've ever felt any better than I did that day, or I do today, or I do this year :)

No comments: