A World of Ramblings

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Brushes

I know some people are peculiar about their brushes while they are not. I am one of those people who are peculiar about their brushes.

While I started out with really, no brushes besides the ones that comes in the palettes or compacts you buy from the drugstore or the high-end make up brand.

Everyone loves a MAC brush. Well for a reason. They're always high quality and there are so many different kinds and variations of the same kind of brush that you're guaranteed to find the brush that fits you and your make-up style the most. A MAC brush, will last you a long time. I still use the same brushes from my senior year high-school (it's been eight years since I graduated from high school. So you do the math).

If you prefer something more fancy with high quality brushes but more chic handling, try Estee Lauder brushes. Like a MAC brush they will last you a long time and they're also high quality. However, there aren't as many variations of say a shadow brush as there are in MAC. Obviously totally doable. Most of us don't need 15 kinds of shadow brushes. A make up artist does, but as much as most of us would like to be a make up artist, many of us are not. I am sorry to crush dreams here, but let's be honest. I am no make up artist either. I just love to play around with colors and textures and it's simply it.

If you're like me though and want something much cheaper than either one of those, however with a great pay off, go with Sonia Kashuk brushes. She has a great collection of brushes and they last you a long time. I think mine are about three years old and not a sign of aging on them. The bristles are good quality. The ones that are supposed to be soft stay soft and the dense, thick ones stay dense and tick. The blush brushes are just to my liking (though I mostly like to use fan brushes for blush brush. I have a small face so a normal blush brush makes me look a clown).

As always make sure the brush you get is the medium you need for the look you are going for, and don't forget to take care of your brushes. For acne free face you must wash them weekly (at the very least) and keep them in a dry, cool and clean place for long wear and a hygienic use.

Hope this helps!

No comments: