A World of Ramblings

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bachelorette Parties

Considering I've only been to one and having shown late for the party itself barely gives me any information to form an opinion on.

But it feels offensive and, well, out of the line for me. I am no prude, by any means of sexuality. I believe people should be raised in environments where their confidence, looks, body image, self esteem should be positively harbored and positively displayed, expressed without black lashes of the societies or individuals such as negative stigmatization, name calling, labeling and judgement due to sexual choices, changing the thought pattern until "promiscuity" isn't used for being a "slut".

It was fun, there were no strippers, however my group of friends ended up going to a strip club. It was fun to just dance, make fun of tradition and other things, tease Eliza, eat lots of good food, have penis themed party favors and decorations.

But, is it really necessary? I think instead going out to have fun with a group of girls (often one at that) is necessary. Women need to be able to have a close bond of few girl friends for well, girl time, and sometimes to share the burdens of being a women in the 21st century. Is it really how you want to set precedence to your married life? Don't get me wrong, by no means am I a marriage supporter. In fact I abhor the thought of marriage weddings and everything else that comes with those two words. I think it's an antiquated obligation that's mainly forced down on women across the globe, also highly marketed and far too consumerist market in the industrialized countries that's well in technology age. I think less people should get married. But that..again that's entirely my opinion. And if you are getting married, why is this piece of cultural artifact, traditional principal necessary? Doesn't it go against everything the patriarchal culture believe in? Of course the very opposite can be said about Bachelor parties...but that's besides the topic here today and this blog.

No comments: