A World of Ramblings

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Commitment to Write

I've decided the best thing to do is to be committed to my writing and seriously try my hand at publishing this time around. Also, I promised myself that I would do anything necessary to make it through. The next four years of my life will be beyond difficult in terms of achieving my goals. It will be, because I am beginning again, from scratch and trying to build my audience from ground up, and get somewhere.

It is true that I have been seeing myself as a writer, a budding one, but nonetheless, a writer, an unpublished one, but a writer. It is true that I have decided this is the true calling of my life and that I will take my time to getting where I need to be in this choice. However, that is no longer an option when I've realized that writing is one piece of my life that I cannot do without. I needed for an ability to survive and to keep everything else in focus. Because I create tremendous efforts to write, I make it my main goal of the day, so I get everything else in order. Other wise, I know I am not going to get to actually writing a single line. To succeed at writing, my persistence needs to win and my resolve needs to be solid. But that alone is not enough. I need to hone my craft very well. To do that, well I need lots of help.

It's true, I have great ideas. I don't doubt that. Many people and aspiring writers do. The highlight of being a story teller isn't your ideas. It's the stories you tell and how you tell those stories. The style, the narrative, the characters, the structure and plot. The insights. And publishing in 21st Century? Everybody needs help with that. Therefore, I am getting my feet wet with joining a U.W. Mini Course called The Art of Fiction Writing, and it is a class I am excited about. I am very excited to see what kind of writers will be taking this class and what kind of a community I can begin.

But other than that, I don't know where to go. It is true, I work and have been working diligently on my vocabulary and grammar. I continually buy books regarding fiction writing and writing in general and go through them at intervals. I take them seriously and read them, sometimes twice and always with note taking habits.But that hasn't left me anywhere in particular. Especially being on and off about it.

Where do I go and where do I begin and what kind of next steps do I take? Where does one go to become an excellent writer?

This here is my commitment, pledge and honor to write, put in my effort, time and money to become the best I possibly can.

No comments: