A World of Ramblings

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Writing Assess

I can't believe I've completed my courses. This is a dream come true for me. Previously, I always had to defer to staying at home and in shadow, shrouded in privacy about my writing. I labored over my craft and took out books, but really I had no idea what else to do. I knew I should take classes but I had no idea how to get to those resources. So, even if they're simple, Mini Courses, I am so glad that I was able to take that first step towards becoming a better, committed, loyal writer.

Next step is to engage myself in fiction in many layers, from volunteering at print media outlets, writing a lot, taking more courses, joining a critique group, attending conferences, workshops and seminars, submitting my work to fiction contests and to local literary magazines.
I have a plan in mind, goals that will help me achieve my dreams, that gives me the biggest hope in the world. My goal of becoming a writer no longer is an abstract concept I have no idea what to do with, it is a serious possibility of being realized after years of hard work and money. It feels concrete, something I can analyze in a more minute way and measure.

No comments: