A World of Ramblings

Monday, May 6, 2013

Berra

Yesterday, my uncle's first child was born. Considering the fact that he is only 8 years older than I am, it feels like my first niece.
Overall, probably the best Sunday once can wish to strive for. Waking up after a great night filled with fun to hear wonderful news of an addition to an ever growing family, one that has been greatly anticipated and have been waiting for.

Berra, as cousins, we're at least  whole two generations apart. I will be more like an aunt, than as a cousin. We certainly won't have the same kind of relationship as I had with my brother and my aunts first child, in which we were all more or so the same age, who truly grew up together, experiencing the same joys and pains in the family. We certainly won't have the same relationships as my aunts' and uncles' second children, in which I was already several years older and had the honor to show them around in family, in the neighborhood and in the world. I had a responsibility as older sister to teach the right from wrong. You could have been my child, if the circumstances were right and had I meet your uncle S a few years earlier and if life had been a little bit easier on me, allowing me to get my way. Of course, though you are not and instead will always be a beloved cousin, whom I will always feel that you're more along the lines of a niece. Your father, my uncle has always been more of a brother to me, then an uncle, allowing me to feel like you're my own, or a niece.

No matter how our relationship can be defined due to the blood relationship, time constraints capped by circumstances, you will always be precious, loved, cared for and nestled at the warmest spot in our hearts. I will always look at you longingly, draw your scent in, as if I am always trying to make up for something, and feel like a sinner because I will always be living further away in one way or another.

But, welcome to earth, may you have a long, happy life, filled with joy, understanding and appreciation.

No comments: