A World of Ramblings

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Writing Critique Group

Now that I am taking my writing seriously, I think it's time to write seriously, finish catching up on my overdue readings, writings and writing exercises. I have to meet other writers, more writers and find out information about the literary, fiction, writing community of Madison. I've waited too long for this. I should have done all of this, years ago. But better  late than never.

The only problem is me actually having a manuscript to hand in for critiquing. I'll have to find out a  critiquing group to join in which I can push myself further. I am not going to become a better writer by sitting at home. It's not like I am writing by myself anymore. My writing circle and cycle and process is out of whack. Looking at a blank page paralyzes me. I am so afraid of scratching the surface that I am terrified of what will come out underneath it all.

It's time to conquer my fears, true, but there is one more thing to do before I could come to that. It is true that in order to join a critique group, I would actually need to have something, I don't yet. But at the Fiction Writing class I eventually will. I'll begin there, with that. I need something to motivate me with. This needs to be cleaned up. I need to return to being a writer, not just a sensitive, intensely feeler.

No comments: