A World of Ramblings

Sunday, May 19, 2013

E

E is good friends with my husband, S. He's been living in the Southern part of the country for the past seven years or so. He's married and is expecting his first child in June. He came to visit us recently.

It got me to think a lot. He has all these grand ideas about business, making money. He thinks everything is easy and he is after big but also easy money. As if there was such a thing. Somehow, he still hasn't finished his school, I don't particularly understand what he does for living as it continually changes. He doesn't instill a promising future to me. I have no doubt he's a good person. He seems very kind, but his arrogance irritates me in the wrong way. He is a typical Turk in the sense that he thinks just because action A worked for person A, under  unknown circumstances that it will work for everyone. He doesn't understand that situations are relative and one answer, or solution is not universal. There are different versions, like drafts of essays, editions of comic books.

I don't wholly understand his choice of the partner he has decided to be with. Of course, I don't know her well, but she seems shallow, and a bit too snobby for my taste. I am waiting to hear from them once we get married. If we don't get some sort of congratulatory remark from them as a couple, I will come to know where she stands with S and us as a relationship. I will also edit my actions according to her behavior. After all, it is a world of give and take.

Overall, I just wish he'd keep his grand ideas of us opening stores and closing stalls to himself. It's tiring to hear other people make dreams  out of our lives without consultingus.

No comments: