A World of Ramblings

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

26th

Today is my 26th Birthday. I am getting old. When did I turn 26. It feels like after I turned 21, years became a blur and passed right by me. Sometimes, I still feel 21. Where is all these years go? They just slipped from between my fingers, I was unable to hold on, to make good of them and have them be good to me. But, that's all in the past.

Last year, I woke up as someone who had recently just begun a new, promising relationship with someone who ever increasingly piqued my interested and quickly gave me a new set of wings to fly on my own. Whose hand I had come to expect at every turn, never letting go of me, always firm but with a gentle hold.

This year, I woke up as a married young woman to the love of my life whose hand that four days ago, I had promised to never let go, in front of a judge and a large group of friends.


Let's walk together on the road we build ourselves, with no help other than each other's.
How lucky am I to be waking up next to you, everyday for the rest of my life. To the man who loves me for who I am, as I am, gently, passionately and in good humor.

No comments: