A World of Ramblings

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Edgar Allan Poe

Sir Edgar Allan Poe,

On restless nights like these, I find comfort in your wonderfully morbid tales, your macabre stories and the darker part of human soul seems my identical twin.

You bring some sense of normalcy, adequacy and understanding of my own tumultuous and very sick nature. The nature I try to yield to another nature, another set of habits and mental behaviors that never seems to last too long, or long enough to get me out of the rut completely. Instead, I almost always emerge with one leg still, that keeps pulling me back in, without even realizing that it's rather scary. But I find the fear of it to be alluring and that seems to be acceptable in your tales.

I find my soul mate in your characters and it soothes me to know that I am not alone in these damn awful thoughts, observations and patterns of behaving.

I am sorry your life ended so abruptly and that to this day, we still have no idea what exactly happened to you on the last and following to the last days of your life. I wish we knew. I am sorry you lost the women you love so early in life. I am sorry that such horrible experiences paid the dye of your soul. But I am glad you became the writer that you are, written the stories you have. At least, I have you to keep my thoughts company tonight.

Love,

Sincere Fan!

No comments: