A World of Ramblings

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mirac Kandiliz Mubarek Olsun!

Herkesin Mirac Kandili Mubarek Olsun!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isra_and_Mi%27raj

So this is more or less a good way to begin to understand what Mirac Kandil is ...although it's a little difficult to keep up with the way that is written on the Wiki page and yet I had 24 years of this :).

I like observing of religious and nationalistic holidays. It's days like these that I miss being home the most though. I miss the rituals and the family gatherings, the stories told around after dinner and the laughter that booms against the walls of our pictured walls. The secret hush hush surprises between family members, the small news that travels in narrow circles before it gets to be blown up at the dinner table. *sigh*. I miss home.

No comments: