A World of Ramblings

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Why must we exist?

A group of us were talking about sexual tensions and desires and why they are built in biologically, why they are designated by biological survival rather than just passion, love or whatever else you might believe in. I hope I am not breaking any mirrors, cages, piercing through dreams and self defenses by announcing this so abruptly.

Well, it is all so because we can procreate and exist in one way or another as an extension of ourselves in  our children and descendants. Humans are selfish, it is in our DNAs, encrypted and all. But why is it so? Why does our biology determine we must exist at all? Why is that important? And here I am, can't particularly explain myself because the conversation has passed and I can't quite remember what I said that received recognition among my group of peers. That's too bad you're saying. That's what I am saying too.

What I can't figure out is why we must exist at all that our biology is wired this way. Why is vanishing such a bad thing? Why do we have to exist? It's not like the world is going to stop existing when we stop existing. We'll just stop existing. Sure, it'll be sad for us to go, but we don't own any claims and don't own the world as much as we'd like to think so. Empires have withered away, what makes you think we have permanent claims on the world? World has existed much before we ever came into existence. Now that we are here, why must we think that we have to continue to exist in one way or another?

No comments: