A World of Ramblings

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Primers

I probably should have mentioned this along with my foundations entry, I forgot but, alas here we are.

Now, I don't use foundations often. I probably use it less then 20% of the time. I just don't feel the need to use foundation, considering my age and well, I try to take care of my skin, with it I don't find the need to cover up my own skin. But, if you are going to use foundation, I highly recommend you use a primer. It fills in the pore and prepares your face for the foundation, creating a layer between your face and your foundation. Also it smooths out any wrinkles and uneven surfaces, giving you a better finish. Some primers have a dewy finish, some are more drier. Choose the one that fits your skin most.

Like foundation, because primer is something I don't use often, but that is a crucial part of make up when applied I believe it's worth to spend extra bucks to have a greater pay off. There are loads of primers out there, some are better than others and while some suits others betters. You're going to have to experiment and try it on your own skin to make a decision that suits your needs and fits your requirements best.

My top primers are:

Laura Mercier. I was about 16-17 when I went to my Senior Prom. I got my make up done professionally for the first time and it was the first time I was introduced to primers. Needless to say, I fell in love with primers shortly after and became an irreplaceable part of my foundation trio. (Primer, foundation, powder). A little drop goes a long way. The quality, the feel and the price are not bad.

For your eyes, though I don't quite like eye primers. I don't use eye primers for my daily and even for most of my important events. Though they are great, I just don't think they're that necessary most of the time. For your daily make up, I don't think it's necessary to use a eye make up primer, and for other times, I think a great base is more effective than a primer. However, having a good eye primer does and can come in handy for those extra special days and events where you won't have the chance to touch up and it's important to have a more color brightness to your make up because you are going to be photographed and or be on film, like if you are going to be in a make up or have your portrait taken.

So for those special important days that are bound to happen at least several times a year I recommend the following primers
Too face shadow insurance or Urban Decay primers. These are tried out and have not failed. They are always on top sellers and are primers that many people always recommend and talk about. I don't think I've meet a single person who has not like these two primers.

Like I said these are not necessary all the time, but having a good eye primer can go a long way and give you that extra confidence in your photos.



No comments: