A World of Ramblings

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Christmas Music, Noo!

I thought of a whole string of topics I wanted to talk about last night as I was trying to fall asleep and yet when I woke up, they're all gone. A few of them were actually really good and things that mattered to talk. Sleep and the awkward sensory stimuli that we call dreams, sometimes nightmares... just leave it to them to ruin my mental process.
But here, we enter another highly commercialized holiday; Christmas. Usually I would say Thanksgiving, but Christmas music has started playing at the malls and gas stations, Christmas candy, gift cards and decorations are up everywhere and lined up in stored to be sold. What is wrong with this picture? Well, firstly, it's still only November, meaning we're still a whole month and then some away from Christmas. There is another rather important holiday I'd like to say, in between now and till then that requires perhaps enough attention as there are important historical factors and shame within this holiday that needs our attention and acknowledgement as Americans living in the 21st Century. I fear between September and December, all holidays will vanish in time due to the engrossing growth of Christmas.

Also, I don't want winter to approach. I am perfectly content it, being November for another three months or so. Would make my life ...well not better, but I just don't want Fall to end.

No comments: