A World of Ramblings

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Something to Say

Everyone has something to say, some a lot more than others, some with a lot more thought, consideration and contemplation behind her or his words than the rest. I like writing daily, it keeps things in order and in check and constantly grows my mind inwards to probe deeper and deeper and see the affects of the outside world on my inner world--daily. I realize this sounds repetitious. But there is nothing in the world that makes me happier than being close and entangled with words. They're just words, I realize. But constantly, they're the only one thing that can soothe me, conquer my mind, turn my world upside down or create order and stability, depending on my word choice of the circumstance.

Writing everyday though, is a good exercise for someone who is an aspiring writing, for far into the future. It's also a very challenging and a difficult task. Sometimes it's hard to find something to write about for pages and pages long, sometimes it's hard to make it sound interesting or well, care enough to write about it, worst yet, wonder why the hell would anyone else care about it enough to read it? Sometimes we're just completed after a big awakening and a realization that wipes us and requiring time for issues to surface from their hidden wells deep within our souls. Sometimes, time is of essence and you have to decide between food and writing, sleep and writing or among other various things that daily life requires. You just don't have the time to write sometimes. Making the daily effort and constantly creating the time to write is tiring and sometimes feels like, it might not be worth it, and could be put off to another day.

On the advantageous side the closer affinity you are in with words, the better your usage, syntax, style develops and the better your writing habits become. It takes a long time to develop a style, and for the majority unlucky of us, we have to take the time to develop it, sometimes making the conscious effort after pages and pages of editing for our mediocre work picking on the good vibes and things that has work consistently and then develop them to create our own styles. Daily writing helps with all of this. I guess this is the most important reason I write in this blog. It keeps a visual chart of my daily writing progress. Since I have always been very private about my writing and blogging has helped me at least on certain days and certain issues to be public or come out with my writing on a certain level.

1 comment:

Hazel said...

All the best, Naz, your devotion to writing will bear sweet fruits someday soon.