A World of Ramblings

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Secrets

S and I have decided to keep certain things a secret for the sake of smoother transitions, stop spread of rumors, gossips and too much interest into our private lives. I've never been immune to gossip, certainly, but I never have been able to understand the reasoning beyond probing questions some people like to ask, much to my chagrin and much to their pleasure. Personal life, matters, inquiries, should stay personal. It's been one point of principality I've always been proud of. It feels a hindrance to someone's personal freedom to ask so much about their life. I certainly don't like it when others ask me such questions. I never feel compelled to answer, neither do I feel bad (on rare cases I have had felt bad, though not often and not anytime as of late) but I never can relate to others gossiping about the fact that I don't like to gossip. It feels like a maze no one can get out of, and quite frankly, a waste of time, energy, brain cells and effort. Perhaps, I am too lazy to follow all social protocol, and a bit too lazy to engage in said protocols. Though, I always rather try to understand and would like to understand, somethings feel so bizarre to me, I am not sure whether I'll ever be able to create a link between the two of us and begin to establish a mutual foundation to stand on, in order to create understanding.

Sometimes, it's just better to keep secrets from everyone else.

No comments: