A World of Ramblings

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Determination

I've been wondering, how much do we get done, accomplished or understand by determination. Is determination and commitment related? If so, how closely? Can they be interchangeably used and still produce the same result, connotation, understanding and to be able to relate? Do we think of them differently? Do we analyze the words separately, independently, and the reactions they create in us? Do they get analyzed differently?

I am in general determined. Determined to make it in life, determined to go back to school, to get out of this rut, to make my relationship last and last happily at that, determined to make it in writing, determined to graduate from school, determined to have a career.

But I am not always committed to all of these ideals and goals together, simultaneously. Sometimes, I am not even committed to any one of them, exception of living and breathing. Sometimes, I end up being the least committed person and sometimes, I find that no one's commitment to one particular thing can come near mine. So maybe, in nature they are not the same things, perhaps things with affinity to one another, thought not exactly the same thing, like water, lake, river, sea and the ocean.

No comments: