A World of Ramblings

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sleepless in Rochester

As much as I love my family and a limited number of the Turkish population here (quite a small number in truth) and not much of anything else in Rochester--let's be honest there isn't a ton of things to do here. The landscape isn't all that great either. The whether is about three seasons a day and usually with the majority of it being gray and sulking. Every time I am here I am stressed out to the limit. I become desperate, unhappy and well, rather cranky usually. Rochester oppresses my soul to no end. I feel like a whiny little kid who just can't be satisfied because she had a bad dream, but it is what it is.

While I love spending time with my mom, brother and grandparents people have a way of ticking me off, usually a crude Turkish person who believes she or he knows everything there is to know about life and religion and therefore starts those lunatic ramblings, judgements that goes on and on while spewing out their preconceived notions with their unflattering views of women. Not the best environment in which I thrive. Enough said.

Quality time as precious as it is, with all the other things that takes precedence or requires time here, but not in Wisconsin seems to soak up the big chunks of my day. In return it increasingly pushes me to finish my work at later hours of the day, turning into the night, eventually turning into the mornings. Sleepless I am left, unable to sleep due to the amount of work I have to get done, coupled with my stress and worries my head gets too full to sleep. So sleepless I roam about and I think I am at the brink of death surviving on either no sleep or with little sleep which is driving me into insanity slowly and impairing my judgment at the same time. Even my thought pattern seems to change and I have ceased to think logically about anything which is rather a bad timing for this little experiment of mine, due to the heavy number of assignments I have to hand in on time, coupled with my research and the writing of my research paper.

Rochester, bring me good luck this turn around please!

No comments: