A World of Ramblings

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Nanny

I can't imagine what it must be like a working parent. I can assume it is difficult, I can see that much, it's frustrating because you just never get enough time for yourself, there is always someone requiring attention from you and there is something innate within you that you'd like to give more than asked. I see this in parents all around. Also, the working parent is always sad, because while they want to enjoy their careers, progress steadily, they always feel guilty for leaving their children behind under someone else's care.

So I can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like leaving your children behind, to a nanny sometimes with as little information as just a resume. The terrible things that might go through the mind of one parent, the worries of the partner and the child's own imaginings, fears, and the desire to be with the parent rather than with one's nanny. Who could blame them?


No comments: