A World of Ramblings

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Homework

As a child and most of my student years, I hated the idea of homework. Why was it necessary to begin with? But as I grew up and learned, and experiemented I realized when done not in an overhwhelming capacity and that is over abundant it can be helpful. It keeps the student, at the very least, me focused in the work enough, allows me to invest my time and create a bond between the class and myself.

I realize children hate this and I obviously having no children of my own and not having any kind of degree, expertise or any other kind of credentials in the matter, my opinion means very little, if any.

However, I love the idea that the children have homework, even if the school has not started and they are still on Summer vacation. 30 minutes a day, broken up into 10 minute chunks.

What a wonderful idea.

No comments: