A World of Ramblings

Monday, August 13, 2012

Alone Time

I've been staying up late at night quite often as of recently, what with it being Ramadan and all.

But I haven't really had any alone time as of late, with no longer having my own apartment, at first living at a friend's and then later another friend's. Well, now I do have an apartment (and what a joyous occasion that was), a home, together, with you where I once again feel like I belong and in return it also belongs to me. A home it feels warm, fuzzy and cozy. A home I can come rushing through at the end of the day. A home I'll miss when I am somewhere else with my suitcase in my hand. A home, I'll want to spend time in it again and again, feeling safe, secure and one I have created through our shared efforts and quite literally our own hands. Yours and mine.

But now that things have settled down and things seem to be at the very least Okay, I am finally getting chances to be alone. I've missed staying up late at nights just by myself. The nights where I write feverishly, like tonight. The nights that only includes, my thoughts, crazy nail polish colors, writing and the silence accompanied by solitude of the night. Not a sound other than the sound of my fingers hitting the qwerty keyboard.

I've missed this, just to think, to be alone with my ceaseless, out of the box, sometimes plain and ordinary, quite also dangerous, borderline of insanity thoughts. Things that belong only to me. My ability to do as I please. The taste of my tea, in my own cozy home, with my dreams that will never come into fruition.

None the less, here's one more small victory to my own normalcy, another small victory to reclaiming my independence from that short term of bondage.

No comments: