A World of Ramblings

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Full Time Nanny

Being with kids all day is tough and harder than I remember. Maybe because I pay more attention now, maybe because I am older and have less energy than I used to and perhaps because these are mere strangers I haven't been able to connect with entirely, yet. It's difficult to get to know each child and understand the way that child expresses his or herself and how he voices himself.

Parenting is a part of life, most of us in the 21st Century willingly enter. Not all of us. For many it is one of the dreams we possess and something we all move forward to in order to achieve it. This isn't true for everyone. I also don't believe in the fact that not everyone wants to be a parent, nor should they be. I don't think these people are evil, or selfish. Isn't having children, just as selfish, if not more?

So it's been a challenge, these past few days. Being with kids all day long, who is abundant in energy, attitude and lots of love to give. It's been a challenge to getting to know these kids, their rules and routines.
But they're lovely children and it's been a great fun to be with them.

No comments: